CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Socialized Medicine

I don't normally publically talk about my political views unless it is with my family and those friends that I know have the same views as me or won't judge me for what I believe in but I have to inform you of this issue. Derek a year ago had some testing done for anxiety and needed to be put on a medication. Of course our insurance which is the state medical(which is basically what socialized medicine is) would not approve it. He then went through 3 trial meds that didn't work. So we then tried again to get the med that worked approved this was back in March. We heard nothing for a very long time. I tried to call and they told me that they had nothing to do with it. Ok you are my insurance company how can you have nothing to do with it. So we went back to the doctor last week and tried again to have the prescription put through. Again it was denied and we (meaning Dr Hall's nurse) had to put all of Derek's file through again to get it approved. Finally it was. So for a year because we have a wonderful Dr., Derek has been taking samples. But lets think about it if we didn't have a doctor that cared about us what then no samples and, I think I would have probably killed my husband (just kidding) but I probably would be in a mental health ward at the hospital. When someone needs a medicine it should be given to them. This was absolutely ridiculous and this is what we will get all the time if our country goes to socialized medicine. Derek served his mission in Canada where they have socialized medicine and he has a collar bone that wasn't set right and he told me that if we think it is bad here know it will only get worse we will be waiting in lines for everything. So as you go to the polls this November think about your choice and if you want to be able to get what you want when you want it or do you want the government to tell you when you can have it and then it might be to late by the time they give it to you.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Good for you to put your thoughs where people can read them. It is good to remind us all that there are those how what Socialized Medicine...and there may be people out there that want it also for various reasons, but for the majority of us, we don't want it. Who you are voting for sure can make an effect on that. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!